By: Yashal Burney
Twenties are the time when the majority of us take up our first occupations. Despite the fact that it’s huge to finally start earning and be independent, corporate life is not at all like we imagine it to be in our more youthful years. Having a Job and earning for yourself gives you a pride and when we were young and pondered we couldn’t hold up to begin the adulthood part of our life. But news flash it’s unpleasant and unsatisfactory. Some truths about corporate life no one will ever let you know.
- The more productive you are at your work, the more you will be troubled with it.
- No one thinks about your individual advancement in the corporate world. The only thing that is in any way important is the thing that you add to the organization.
- There will come a period when you will take up work only for the cash and that’s it.
- Desk jobs kill creativity.
- Very frequently, you will be held responsible for tasks that weren’t even your accountability in the first place.
- You will manage multiple assignments other than what you were at first enlisted for. Your extent of work will just continue expanding.
- You will be persistently made to think that you need the company more than it needs you, and that, is not true all the time.
- Meetings are a waste of time always. Nothing good has ever come out of them, really. Most people aren’t listening, and the ones talking are far away from reality.
- In case you’re slow, you’ll be mocked by your supervisor. In case you’re proactive, you’ll be reviled by your partners.
- Your necessities as a worker would go totally overlooked, once in a while. You won’t get what you truly merit until you raise your voice and put your foot down.
- You will be made to work with unimaginative people and it will be the most complex task ever. Your team-members would neither be of any help, nor would they make it possible for you take everything in your own hands, and it will destroy your passion.
- People around will continually pull you down with their skepticism only because they don’t like you.
- Nobody is going to be pleased about, you staying in extra hours every single day but the one time you leave a little early, hell will break lose.
- Whichever new proposal you volunteer for, become your liability.
- The HR Department is inadequate, wherever you go.
- Office politics is unquestionably not a myth.
- But meritocracy is. There will be times when undeserving people will get credit for the work you do, simply because they are higher up on the corporate ladder.
- Half of your time will be spent in sending out pointless mails that will never even be read to countless people who want to feel vital, before you can actually start working. And more often than not, you will end up doing everything yourself.
So, these are some truth you ought to know before beginning your professional life. Don’t lose focus and stay motivated. GOOD LUCK!!