The 23rd APNS Annual Awards Ceremony took place at the Prime Minister Auditorium Islamabad on Tuesday. Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi graced the event to distribute the honourable awards tot he winners; publications, journalists and advertising agencies.
And with much pride and honour Mr. Adnan Faisal, CEO Monthly Brands Magazine was called upon to receive the award for “Best Illustration for Periodicals.” Attaining great pride on the moment, he has personally shared a humble and thankful message for his team and the people who made it possible, stating:
I would like to thank all my friends, family & my entire team for making this possible!
The ceremony took place in a subtle and honorary manner, with over a crowd of over 400 including; guests, winners and judges.
The award ceremony honoured the following organizations for their services in their respective fields;
- M/s. Midas (Pvt.) Ltd. has won the Best Business Performance Award
- Regional Dailies won Special Business Performance Award
- Metro B Dailies won Special Business Performance Award
- Bahria Town won Best Performance Award for Private Sector Client
- Benazir Income Support Program won Best Performance Award for Public Sector Client
- M/s. Orient Advertising (Pvt.) Ltd. Won the Special Business Performance Award (Periodicals).
The awards for creative categories are:
- Best Newspaper Advertisement: M/s. Manhattan Int’l. (Pvt.) Ltd ad of (Standard Chartered Bank)
- Best Campaign: M/s. Adcom (Pvt.) Ltd. ad of (Al Karam)
- Best Public Service Campaign: M/s. IAL Communications (Pvt.) Ltd ad of (Depilex Smile Again Foundation.
The winning journalists are:
- Best Illustration for Periodicals, Adnan Faisal, M/Brands Magazine.
- Best Investigative Report [joint] Ms. Razeshta Sethna, Herald and Ms. Noorilhuda, Newsline
- Best Investigative Report (Business/Economic), [joint] Mubarak Zeb Khan, Dawn and Nudrat Kamal, Tooba Nadeem, Zehra Nabi, Newsline
- Best Investigative Report (Environmental/Conservation/Gender) [joint] Ms. Razia Fareed, Jang and Ms. Zehra Nabi, Newsline
- Best Column Award (English), Syed Saadat Ali, Dawn
- Best Column Award (Urdu), Yasir Pirzada, Jang
- Best Column Award (Provincial Language), Asad Chandio, Awami Awaz.
- Best Feature Award (English), Ms. Noorihuda, Newsline
- Best Feature Award (Urdu), Muhammad Akram Khan, Jang
- Best Feature Award (Provincial Language), Murli Dhar, Awami Awaz
- Best Cover Story (Periodicals), Imitaz Gul, Ms. Noorilhuda, Newsline
- Best Cartoon, Khaliq Khan Paki, Jang
- Best Photograph, Muhammad Azeem, Daily Express.
The panel of judges consisted of prominent writers and intellectuals – Ms. Ameena Saiyid, Prof. Dr. Nisar Zuberi, Mr. Babar Ayaz, Dr. Rafia Taj, Prof. Dr. Fateh Muhammad Burfat, Dr. Mugheesuddin Sheikh, Mr. Owais Aslam Ali, Prof. Tauseef Ahmed Khan, Mr. Vali Ram Vallabh, Dr. Fahmida Hussain, Mr. Yaqoob Mughal, Ms. Seemeen Naghmana, Abid Ali Syed, and Prof. Shahida Kazi.