According to digital media reports, the most popular Islamic app “Muslim Pro”, which is available on Google Play Store and iOS App Store as well has been acquired. Affin Hwang Asset Management (AHAM) and CMIA Capital Partners have bought around 95% stake in the Singapore established Bitsmedia – the parent company behind the said app.
The exact numbers have not been disclosed by the CEO of Bitsmedia but he has revealed that the number is in the ballpark of an eight digit figure in US dollars.
The app had been downloaded 45 million times at the time of acquisition. The developers claim it has more than 10 million active monthly users and around 1/5th of those 10 million are active each day. The popularity has recently grown many times due to the constant inclusion of new features which are helpful in the everyday life of Muslims.
Some of these features are listed below.
- Prayer times are provided based on the location of the user.
- Audio as well as visual notifications are pushed for Azan times throughout the day.
- Recitations of the Holy Quran are also present.
- Sehr and Iftar timings are provided during the month of Ramzan.
- Halal food outlets near the user are indicated in the app.
Muslim Pro plans to move forward and expand their feature set by collaborating with Haj services, Halal food vendors and other partners to introduce new features in the app.